End of Phase 1

This day is the last one for the Phase 1 where we should merge our prs and close our milestone for Phase 1 of GSoC 2017. It’s an exciting day as I finished my work in time. I hope that all of my coala mates does that too.

What we achived in this period are you thinking?

  • Figure out what mockup to use
  • Change the warning for when a coafile is missing
  • Change the output for action
  • Delete multiple lines from the output of a file
  • Use letters instead of numbers for selecting action

Thanks to my mentors @Adrianzatreanu and @yukiisbored . Without them I couldn’t do this!

What’s next?

  • Chaining actions in a single input
  • Implement Reprompt for actions
  • Implement Selection action for all results option
  • Make ApplyPatchAction log the applied patch

That’s for this day, I hope you enjoy the summer as I do!

Cheers!

Advertisements

Start of Phase 1

Hello there again!

So, the Phase 1 has begun. I started already implementing the mockup that I and with my mentors designed it based on the feedback from the community. I think it looks awesome!

Well, this isn’t easy. I had exams until 16 and I couldn’t do all the work that I would wanted to do for the project. The most problematic think are the tests. They really put you on a difficult position because sometime you don’t understand why it passes/not passes.

I rewrite my code quite a few times. Today was about breaking the pr into smaller prs to be merged faster. Rest asure, I’m doing my work.

The deadline for the Phase 1 is on 26 so I should start merging the prs that I was working on. I think looks good (maybe minor changes can be made). The problem with the tests is that you need to have 100% coverage of your code and that’s really hard. You need to test everything that you added. I like it!

Well, from now on we will see us 2 weeks from now! I hope you enjoy reading it.

Have a nice week. Bye!